1. Complete a half marathon (the original #13in2013) – Nope. I did do an amazing #RunHappyRaces Duran Duran Appreciation Day 10K (my 1st post injury) and the Awesome 80′s Run (5K) and I’m signed up for the Inaugural Hard Rock Cafe 5K in Nov. though.
2. Perform 13 acts of kindness (inspired by Sandy HookI have done 6. I wanted 9 by Sept but have been severely lacking. Need to step this one up!
3. Read 13 books – This is highly embarrassing but I’ve only read 6 books (does a cookbook count?). I love to read but since becoming a parent (and then a blogger), I don’t read as much as I used to or as much as I’d like. I also have one book staring me in the face that I need to finish.
4. Take 13 different fitness classes and review -I’ve done very well here! I finished WundaWednesday series but I also reviewed a ton of other classes like the Aqua Studio cycling class, the Chobani/Barry’s Bootcamp sweatfest, NYC Rooftop Yoga with Laughing Lotus, 2 Fitbloggin NYC Sweatdates that included a Lole/Uplift Studios outdoor class and a Zumba class, 3 Megaformer class reviews and the 5 fitness classes of FitSocial. BTW, have you entered my FitSocial giveaway contest yet? BTW, there are more class reviews coming so stay tuned!
5. Cook 13 new dishes featuring high nutritional value foods – I’ve done about 6-7 meals and haven’t blogged about any of them. Should I? Anyone have a good recipe to share with me?
6. Commit to my blog via with a minimum of 2 posts/wk – Check! 3/week & one video.
7. Launch a private nutrition practice – Slated date changed to early 2014. See #3.
9. Get organized: Create daily/weekly structure for work/home efficiency - I have definitely not made any progress here. The editorial calendar for blog posts does work but I need to get a system going pronto before I launch my private practice in 2014!
10. Begin Phase 2 of decorating the CA house – One tiny step made here. Jay made a huge collage of pictures that we took on our #SecretVacation when we surprised my friend for her birthday in Northern California.
11. Be more present by instituting a daily no phone/computer time policy – Um, nope.
12. Become more financially responsible/get over the fear of money management – Slowly making some progress here.
13. Help Plan Durandemonium – the Duran Duran Fan Convention - Family event happening at the same time caused me to withdraw from the committee and event However, I wish my fellow Duranies a fabulous time in Chicago this coming weekend (Wow, time has flown by)! Can’t wait to see pictures and hear stories!
One more quarter to go until the end of 2013. How are you doing with your New Year’s Goals? Did you reach them or have you forgotten about them entirely?