Sorry that this post is late today but I’ve been traveling a lot lately. I just got back from the amazing Fitbloggin’ 13 in Portland, Oregon. I have so much to share about my recent adventures that I need a few days to gather up all the fabulousness I’ve encountered on my #secretvacation and at Fitbloggin.
In attempt to be somewhat timely, (since 2013 is already half over – hello July 1st!) today we’re doing the quarterly check in on the progress being made with my #13in2013 goals. My first quarter check in post is here.
- Complete a half marathon (the original #13in2013) – Still recovering from injury. Did learn 11 Reasons To Attend A Health & Fitness Expo (even when you can’t run).
- Perform 13 acts of kindness (inspired by Sandy Hook) – Done 5, want 9 by Sept.
- Read 13 books – I’ve read 4 books but one was the new and very fun MTV VJ book!
- Take 13 different fitness classes and review -Began the WundaWednesday series and did a photo feature on Love.Yoga.Give at the Pasadena Rose Bowl.
- Cook 13 new dishes featuring high nutritional value foods - Done 4-5
- Commit to my blog via with a minimum of 2 posts/wk – Check! I’m doing 4/wk.
- Launch a private nutrition practice – Slated for late 2013/early 2014
- Attend 2-3 Conferences: Check! Went to Natural Product Expo West and Fitbloggin‘
- Get organized: Create daily/weekly structure for work/home efficiency - Lacking here but using an editorial calendar for blog posts
- Begin Phase 2 of decorating the CA house – Nope. First priority add wall art.
- Be more present by instituting a daily no phone/computer time policy – Nope. Will try 1 day/week this quarter.
- Become more financially responsible/get over the fear of money management – Committing to balancing the checkbook weekly.
- Help Plan Durandemonium – the Duran Duran Fan Convention - Due to a family event scheduling conflict, I had to withdraw from the planning committee. My loss may be someone else’s gain though soon! Stay tuned!
Boy am I glad I have another 6 months to hit some of these goals since I’m so behind!
How are you doing on the goals (or New Year’s Resolutions – did you forget about them?!) that you set for yourself this year? Let’s support each other!
About Melissa Burton
I’m Melissa Burton, a recent transplant from Brooklyn, New York to Southern California. By profession, I’m a Registered Dietitian and Certified Diabetes Educator. In my actual life I’ve been a million things ...