Welcome to the #14in2014 1st Quarter Check In!
Last year, I made the commitment to yearly goals and I followed up on them every 3 months. I did the same thing this year and invited anyone who wanted to do it again with me in 2014 to join in on the effort. Today is the first check-in of the year. How’s it going for all of you? Here’s the progress that I’ve made on my written goals since January 1st:
1. Fully launch a Women’s Health Focused Nutrition Private Practice by 3/31/14 – Revision required
- Full launch is looking closer to June even though I am doing some nutrition projects like the Mama Shred with Bobbi@NHerShoes and seeing a client or two.
2. Cultivate at least 5 professional referral sources for nutrition clients – YES!
- With the above mentioned projects and contacts I’ve cultivated, things are moving in that direction.
3. Redesign blog and promote to raise traffic and subscribers 25%. – Nope
- This is been a stumbling block. I have a bunch of ideas but time to execute them has been scarce. My Fabletics Review post though has been proven to be popular though. I guess I’m not the only one who has a fitness wear obsession. Stay tuned – Fabletics Review Round 2 is coming soon.
4. Develop (and stick to) a system to maintain/grow social media presence/blogger interaction and achieve life/work balance. – Not even close.
- This has been seriously lacking and requires improvement in the future. I need to utilize the many daily lists I’ve compiled and starting using at least one of them!
5. Become an ambassador for a favorite brand and/or receive revenue from blogging – Yes, sort of.
- I did obtain a paid Ambassadorship with LoziLu Women’s Mud Run but the company abruptly canceled the program (and my potential income). I did make a small amount of money with a donation pending to charity as I promised. I haven’t given up yet though and I’ve learned that mud runs are fun. Post pending.
6. Showcase at least 50 women for the weekly Friday’s Featured Female series. – On track
- While I may not be able to hit 50 women, I’m definitely on my way. I’ve gotten the chance to let the world know about some awesome women and I’m exceptionally proud of the Friday’s Featured Female series.
7. Engage in a monthly Professional Development endeavor. – Actually, yes.
- I went to the Scripps 10th Annual Natural Supplements Conference in January, Bloggy Boot Camp – Women Get Social in February and Expo West 2014 in March. The next quarter looks good too – I have a Gestational Diabetes Conference on the books in April and something very special in May (announcement soon) as well as FitBloggin’ in June.
8. Run 2+0+1+4 (7) races (including So Cal Ragnar Relay) – Yup!
- So far, I’ve run the LA Chinatown Firecracker Run, the LoziLu Mud Run and as of next week will run the So Cal Ragnar so I’m doing all right with this goal. I’m thinking about some future runs including the Live Ultimate Run LA in May, and maybe a few other races later in the year.
9. Perform 14 Random Acts of Kindness – Slacking.
- While I know I’ve done a few of these, I’m certain that I haven’t done enough. This will also be a focus in the next quarter of the year.
- My quarterly goal was to get organized. I succeeded in buying 2 organizers but not yet putting them to good use. This quarter, I’m going to name my goals and set them up for the month. I know this is supposed to be more self-care focused – but my lack of organization has led to me taking pretty piss poor care of myself so I’m hoping a little redirected focus will allow other things to fall into place. Therefore, I’ll be taking the month of April to get organized, the month of May to overhaul the blog and the month of June to be private practice focused.
11. Try one new fitness class/video per month – Stretching it, yes.
- Technically, I tried 4 new fitness classes in one day (Insanity, Jillian Michaels BodyShred, Piloxing and R.I.P.P.E.D.) when I went to the Evolution Fitness Conference but is that cheating?
- Ok, if you don’t count my 4 classes in one day, then I did try a Jillian Michaels Yoga and a Blogilates video and liked them both. In February, I took a yoga class with Mary Beth La Rue at the #MuradCares event (link to event coverage by Chris@WhatIRunInto). This month, I tried Studio Metamorphosis – a megaformer and cycling studio. I’m still woefully behind in covering the very amazing Murad event and once Studio Metamorphosis opens, I’ll be writing a review. My friend Jennifer@RealMomSFV wrote about her experience as a Megaformer newbie here but if you want to know more about what a Megaformer is – here’s my post Meet The Megaformer. FYI – Just wanted you all to know that I haven’t given up my WundaBar Pilates love despite other fitness endeavors.
12. Read 14 books (it’s scary that I need to make this a goal). – Woefully behind.
- I’m such a loser. I find time to stay up to watch “Friday Night Lights” but I haven’t been reading. I do, however, have some excellent reading material to catch up on: Romance Is My Day Job by Patience Bloom and This Is The Sound Of My Soul by Melissa Reyes and Mad World by Lori Majewski and Jonathan Bernstein.
13. My secret goal: To be revealed at year-end. – Still working on it.
- No, I’m not giving any hints about it…yet.
14. My shallow goal: Meet Simon Le Bon on the next Duran tour. – Sadly, not going to happen this year.
- It looks like there will be no Duran tour this year because the new album is likely not going to be released until late 2014 or early 2015. Whenever the tour happens, this is going to be a goal for me. #SimonOrBust and I’ll take any help I can get to make it happen. Until that time, I’ll have to live with being close enough to take this shot in 2012:
Not surprisingly, I still have quite a lot of work to be done in 2014. Good thing there’s still a lot of time left in 2014. Let’s see if I’ve done any better come the end of June.
The link-up at the end of the post is not just for those who originally signed up for the original #14in2014 post. Link up if you’d like to join for the remainder of the year!
We’ll check in each quarter (June, September and December) not only to keep us honest and on track but to support one another to keep the goals/resolutions/intentions that were important in January top of mind year round.
How has your 2014 been going so far? Think you’d like a little support. Join in, blogger or not in the comments and we’ll loop you in at the quarterly check-ins.
[inlinkz_linkup id=387205 mode=1]