The reason for this “strange behavior” is because I saw this 50 Questions post over on Christine’s blog LoveLifeSurf (who cribbed it from Alison@WritingWishing) and I started to “wonder and asked myself the question” so I figured I’d “explain”. I like blog memes (see here and here) and if there’s a way I can incorporate some Duran Duran into a post then why not?
50 Questions and Answers:
1. What are you wearing? The cliche WAHM outfit, fitness clothing.
2. Ever been in love? Yup, still am.
3. Ever had a terrible breakup? Yes. Enough said there.
4. How tall are you? You mean short, right? 5′ 1″
5. How much do you weigh? Let’s just say that I’m within the healthy weight range for my height and leave it at that.
6. Any tattoos? Nope.
7. Any piercings? Two in each ear. The first ones were done at the mall with the typical earring gun. The second ones were done in my friend’s basement with an ice cube and an earring. Hurt like hell. Rite of passage though for young girls, I think.
8. OTP (one true pair, favorite fictional couple)? Because I’m woefully under read, I’ll make this movie related – Let’s just say it wouldn’t have been Andie and Blane from “Pretty In Pink” (Duckie was too good for Andie, IMHO) so I’d say Keith and Watts from “Some Kind of Wonderful”.
9. Favorite show? Currently: “Parenthood”‘ Past: “The Shield”, “Nip/Tuck” or “Rescue Me” just to name a few
10. Favorite bands? See blog tagline and yes, this is a real holiday.
11. Something you miss? New York City – the city, friends and restaurants
12. Favorite song? Favorite Duran song: “Hold Back The Rain”; Semi-current song: “Pompeii” by Bastille
13. How old are you? 44.5 but feeling as old as dirt
14. Zodiac sign? Aquarius (Who didn’t love this clip from the 40 Year Old Virgin?)
15. Quality you look for in a partner? Patience, understanding, intelligence and humor and my guy’s got ‘em all.
16. Favorite Quote? From Caroline Knapp, author of “Appetites: Why Women Want”
17. Favorite actor? Current: Robert Downey, Jr. The man can act, sing, has a sense of humor and has both personally and professionally recovered from a very personal battle of drug addiction. I love comeback stories.
18. Loud music or soft? Depends on my mood.
20. Where do you go when you’re sad? The couch or bed. Sometimes, a yoga class or a run but not often enough.
21. How long does it take you to shower? If I could live in a hot shower, I would. Not the best thing to admit when living in a state with a ridiculous drought. I try to limit my showers to 5-10 minutes though (I get good thinking done there).
22. How long does it take you to get ready in the morning? I’m low maintenance – 10-20 minutes. If I need to presentable, it might take longer (make-up eludes me).
23. Ever been in a physical fight? I have a younger sister so, yes.
24. Turn on? Smarts
25. Turn off? Bigotry
26. The reason I started blogging? As a way to keep occupied after moving cross country while helping my son adjust to a new school.
27. Fear? Heights and flying. The list keeps growing as I get older, I’m Jewish so it’s expected.
28. Last thing that made you cry? Frustration over re-injuring my back.
29. Last time you said you loved someone? This morning as Jay dropped Wild Boy off at school.
30. Meaning behind the name of your blog? I’m born on Valentine’s Day and I’m a Registered Dietitian. No, it doesn’t hurt that Duran Duran have the word Valentine in The Reflex though.
31. Last book you read? This Is Where I Leave You by Jonathan Tropper – thanks Allie@VitaTrain4Life for the recommendation.
32. The book you’re currently reading? The Smart Girl’s Guide To Going Vegetarian by fellow RD, Rachel Meltzer Warren.
33. Last show you watched? Veronica Mars, it’s my newest Amazon Prime addiction.
34. Last person you talked to? In person, Jay. On the phone, Laurie. I do a lot of virtual talking too though.
35. The relationship between you and the person you last texted? Jay, the boyfriend since college. Laurie, friends since we were 5.
36. Favorite food? Does challah count? It is perfect but if I had to choose, I’d say good grilled shrimp or Indian food.
37. Place you want to visit? Everywhere! Greece would be top of the list though.
38. Last place you were? Travel-wise – Boston and NH for Reach The Beach.
39. Do you have a crush? Hello? See Simon Le Bon below.
40. Last time you kissed someone? This morning before Jay and Wild Boy went to school.
41. Last time you were insulted? Last week with a backhanded compliment.
42. Favorite flavor of sweet? Dark chocolate.
43. What instruments do you play? None well unless you think “Tom Dooley” on the guitar is masterful.
44. Favorite piece of jewelry? My diamond earrings from my first wedding anniversary, my Satya Lotus necklace, the many pieces of jewelry made by Wild Boy or my FitBloggin’ necklace (now with a Ragnar charm).
45. Last sport you played? Yoga isn’t a sport, right? Then a game of catch with Wild Boy.
46. Last song you sang? “Dirty Deeds” by AC/DC in the car. Not a song you want people to hear you sing.
47. Favorite chat up line? I’m not into picking up dates but I’m friendly enough and just introduce myself in situations where I don’t know anyone.
48. Have you ever used it? Often.
49. Last time you hung out with anyone? Camping last weekend with friends. 7.5 is a great age. Kids don’t have to be watched like hawks and adults can socialize for a little while.
50. Who should answer these questions next? You and you and you. (Can you see me pointing?)
What question do you normally ask people to determine whether you really like them or not?
Disclosure: There are Amazon Affiliate links (book mentions) within this post which means if you buy anything on Amazon.com through these links, it will generate a few pennies to add to my Duran Duran 2015 Tour Fund. I thank you in advance.